PLEASE VISIT OUR MAIN SPONSOR
- Provision Of Rehabilitation Facilities
- In our Rehabilitation complex at 12km Tambun road, Ulu Kinta, Perak, we have 4 chalets that can accommodate over 70 residents. An administration block, a dining room, workshop cum indoor recreational hall, kitchen, library, hair saloon and storerooms in this 12acre site provides the necessary infrastructure to rehabilitate our residents. Orchids, flowers, fruit trees are planted and chicken are kept to augment our income as well as to provide our residents with agro-based occupation and training.
- Social Rehabilitation
- Residents are taught social behaviour to enable them to fit into the outside world when they leave the centre. They are taught to play games, participate in group activities like singing, dancing and being involved in playing musical instruments. Constant visit by members of the public and social groups further provides much needed contact with the outside world
- Occupational Rehabilitation
- Residents of our Centre are taught useful skills to enable them to take up occupation in the society. Sewing and handicraft work related to sewing are being vigorously encouraged but as a occupational therapeutic activity as well as one that provides them with useful vocational skills. Items they produce are sold . They are also provided with employment on an in-house sheltered basis when large orders are received from local factories to make paper boxes and electronic parts.
- Care For Rehabilitated Patients Outside The Centre
- A house was rented to place fully rehabilitated residents under limited supervision. From here they learn to live independently and set off to work. They manage the house and run their own housekeeping activities. In addition, another centre was set up in town for former patients of Hospital Bahagia to drop in and socialize. It is difficult for mental patients to join social clubs and this centre under our guidance provides them with the means to socialize and carry out activities and discussions pertaining to their problems. It is also a place where family members can obtain moral support in looking after mentally ill relatives.
Please send your comments to the
LAST UPDATE 03/11/96
Designed and Hosted by Rakyat On Line
Return to our main page
© 1996, Rakyat Jaya Sdn Bhd. All rights reserved. All trademarks are owned by the respective company or Rakyat Jaya Sdn Bhd.